Winter Wedding Style: Favors, Food, & Cakes
Whether snow is falling lightly outside the windows or a fire is blazing in your reception venue, winter weddings have a cozy and even magical quality to them. If you’re a couple who likes to do things a little differently, you may choose an off-season wedding that’s more unusual than spring or fall nuptials. You’ll have plenty of winter wedding style ideas to choose from! Here are a few suggestions for winter favors, food, and cakes.
- Choose candy in winter colors like gold, silver, white, and red. You can order candy by color at Nuts.com, including Gold Almond Jewels and white Demitasse Rock Candy Sticks.
- Premium cake pops are another fun favor to order in the color of your choice, with a variety of delicious flavors inside! View a selection in SweetSource’s Etsy store.
- Give away small candle holders with a beautiful winter designs, such as this laser-cut snowflake candle holder.
- Just about everyone loves mashed potatoes! Serve them in classy martini glasses with a variety of toppings available.
- Soup is a warm and hearty winter staple. Serve pumpkin or carrot soup in shooters. Colorful and delicious!
- Make hot drinks available, like hot cocoa or cider and perhaps a signature hot cocktail or two. This About.com post has an extensive list of options.
- You can do a lot to dress up a traditional white wedding cake. Add edible snowflake cake decorations, fondant flowers in season (such as poinsettias or holly), or top the cake with dark berries and powdered sugar snow.
- Add sparkle to your cake with silvery cake toppers, edible glitter, or dragées — those tiny, edible metal spheres that may remind you of cupcakes from your childhood.
- Use an outdoor winter theme on your cake and incorporate pinecones, evergreen sprigs, or birds into the design.
- Find plenty more winter wedding cake ideas on Pinterest.
For other winter wedding ideas, check out these posts: 5 Modern Winter Wedding Ideas and Winter Wedding Style: Dress, Decor, & Flowers. Before your big day, browse our selection of matching wedding bands at My Trio Rings!
Image credit: laura dye