How to Shop Online for Budget Wedding Rings this Thanksgiving
The holiday season is officially here! Thanksgiving is in just a few weeks – which means you’ll soon be able to take advantage of fantastic Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales. If you’re planning a romantic holiday proposal or a last-minute holiday wedding, this is the perfect time of year to shop for stunning engagement rings, wedding bands or matching trio ring sets.
Savvy shoppers do their homework for such a big and important purchase. We already shared a list of expert tips for in-store holiday ring shopping – now here are our recommendations on how to get the best value when you buy rings online. Make an educated decision, and save thousands of dollars!
BEFORE YOU SHOP, RESEARCH & PLAN:
Set a budget:
- To help balance your specifications for the rings such as diamond shape, diamond carat weight, gold color, ring style, etc.
Request a free ring sizer or get your finger sized at a local jeweler:
- This will help you make sure you are searching for rings in your size, and will order the correct ring size.
Define when you need the rings by so that your plans stay on schedule!
“TO DO” LIST WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE:
A wide selection including style you like:
- Typically, online jewelers will allow you to adjust the order based on gold color and diamond carat weight.
Read Recent reviews:
- If their reviews are recent, unique, and authentic, this tells you about the experience you will have.
Clear online store policies:
- Especially during the holidays, or during sales, store policies change and should be noted clearly and in plain sight
Services provided before, during, and after you make a purchase:
- An online retailer should provide an educational experience prior to purchase, an easy & efficient shopping experience, and post-purchase services that ensure they care.
Affordable payment options:
- Negotiating with an e-retailer is not applicable, however through the use of promo codes, during holidays, and utilizing affordable payment options such as financing or layaway plans, the retailer is taking the discomfort of negotiating out of the stress-free online shopping experience. Furthermore, if the retailer has inn-store presence, ask if you can pick it up in-store
- For the couple who is planning on splitting the payment, or for those who have family members that want to contribute or gift the couple by helping to purchase the rings, use Co-Pay or Split Payment options to share the love!
Does the retailer clearly explain what they are selling?
- Look at the specification details about the rings to better understand what you will be buying. Make sure they specify if they are selling natural diamond or lab-grown diamonds. Also, it is important to receive a certificate of authenticity with your purchase to keep for your records.
Shop with a secure website:
- One easy thing to look out for is a website with https:// which is secure, versus one with http://. Also, checking their credentials typically found at the bottom of the webpage, such as Better Business Bureau.
See the rings on hand:
- Do they have a social media feed, or additional views On the product page that shows the ring on hand? For websites with advanced technology, they may offer a virtual experience where you can place the ring on a picture of your hand to see the proportions of the ring.
Reach out to the customer service team:
- Via phone, email or live chat (if they have this option) with any questions you have regarding payment options, ring details, etc.
Be sure to sign up to the My Trio Rings Newsletter to get the subscribers preview for our Annual Ringsgiving Sale! Up next: View in-store checklist