If you are planning a secret proposal, then chances are that you want your inexpensive engagement ring purchase to be a secret. You want her to be surprised and teary as she slips the beautiful diamonds onto her finger and it is the perfect fit. So how can you pull off a ring measurement on the sly? Here are a few tips to get you started.
Buy an Inexpensive Engagement Ring That Fits!
1. Download a free ring sizer from MyTrioRings.
2. If she falls asleep on your couch watching a movie, get a piece of string, and use it to measure the ring finger on her left hand. Be sure not to choose something like yarn or something stretchy, because that could give you an inaccurate measurement. Instead, opt for something inelastic like plain waxed dental floss. Or slip your ring sizer onto her finger if you don’t think it will wake her.
3. If she wears jewelry on a regular basis, pay attention to whether she ever wears a ring on her left ring finger. If she does, then make sure to measure it one day if you spot it on her dresser when you are on your way to the bathroom.
4. Try on jewelry when you are out together at a craft fair or festival of some kind. Hand her the silliest ring and have her try it on, while you do the same to avert suspicion. See if the size you handed her fits. Pay attention to whether she tries a different size. Some women might even make your job a little easier at this moment and drop a little hint about her ring size.
5. If all else fails, you can always ask her mom or sister or best friend to see if they know what size ring you should choose for her inexpensive engagement ring, or they might be able to find out in a less obvious manner. Just swear her to secrecy so she doesn’t eclipse your secret proposal!
Start shopping for engagement rings today!
Photo credit Moyan_Brenn
About the author
chicken farmer in Jackson, Mississippi. She has bachelor's and master's degrees in English.
She planned her own budget outdoor wedding five years ago at a state park in Florida, on the
waterfront of a natural spring. She wishes that she had known more about budget weddings back
when she was planning hers, because she comes up with new ideas all the time that she wishes
she had incorporated into her own wedding plans! In addition to saving money, Kelly's passions
are reading, writing, parenting, planning, traveling, and living an environmentally friendly life.
1. Find the Right Person Sometimes you know after the first date. Sometimes you know after three years. There is no perfect time frame for re...
The Precious Places series continues, with Denver, Colorado in this week’s spotlight. From professional sports to the arts to outdoor activities, De...
Whether you live in New Mexico or are looking for a romantic weekend getaway to propose, Santa Fe is an excellent choice. Are you ready to propose i...
You are planning the ultimate secret proposal to surprise your girlfriend and make her into your fiance. You have made special reservations at her f...