Best Places to Propose in Birmingham, AL
Have you been thinking about your romantic proposal for some time, plotting the perfect spot and secretly browsing engagement rings and wedding ring sets?
Consider Birmingham, Alabama for your location! It is a relaxed and vibrant Southern city, offering a hearty helping of fantastic music, culture, cuisine and green space. It has a temperate climate year round – with an average low of 51 degrees, it is a great city to put on your list if you are looking for places to propose this winter.
Enjoy Live Music
Birmingham has a thriving music scene with a little something for everyone. Start your evening with a live show. If you think a public proposal would make your sweetheart swoon, try asking the venue if you can pop the question on stage. If you think a more private moment is better, wait until after the show and go on a walk or drive to a place to look out over the city at night (Red Mountain Park – more about that below – is a local favorite).
Venues to check out:
- Moonlight on the Mountain: This intimate venue features acoustic performances from artists in a variety of genres – bluegrass, country, folk, rock. It doesn’t serve food or drinks, so you can pack a picnic of your favorite foods and a bottle of wine to enjoy during the show. It’s cash only at the door (no advance tickets), so get there early and stake out a seat.
- Iron City Grill: Iron City is a hip music venue, restaurant and bar. Eat a delicious meal made with organic and local ingredients, savor a local craft beer and then see a show from performers such as O.A.R., Neko Case, North Mississippi Allstars or John Butler Trio.
- Bottletree Cafe: Bottletree Cafe is a fun and funky venue that showcases indie bands, comedians and local musicians and has a great menu (including a killer brunch).
- One of the most thrilling places to propose in Birmingham is the Red Ore Zip Tour at Red Mountain Park. Ask her to marry you at the top of a treehouse high above the woods, then celebrate by soaring through the air on a zipline.
- Spend the day at Railroad Park, a 19-acre sprawling green space in the heart of downtown Birmingham. Pack a picnic and propose on a walk along one of the trails, or check out one of the seasonal special events, such as Sunset Cinema in the fall, the Happy Holidays tree-lighting ceremony and carnival or the Relax by the Tracks concert series in the spring.
- Head to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens in Mountain Brook Village, and find a quiet spot to propose in one of the dozens of gardens.
What would you add to this list of best places to propose in Birmingham? Leave a comment!
Start planning your big day and browse our beautiful wedding ring sets