Where to Propose on Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island is known for its stunning natural beauty, with sandy beaches and pastoral views of green rolling hills. The beloved children’s series Anne of Green Gables is set here, and there are plenty of sights that relate to the books. If you’re looking into proposal spots for a lady who loves nature or literature, this is the place. Here are a few ideas for where to propose on Prince Edward Island.
1. A Weekend Getaway at a Romantic Inn
- The Elmwood Heritage Inn is centrally located in Charlottetown, which is known for its festivals and delicious food. Consider planning your visit around an event such as the New Festival of Wines at the end of May, or the early fall’s Charlottetown Festival, which features a variety of musical theater. The three-story Elmwood Heritage Inn has lovely rooms and common areas. You may want to splurge on a suite during your romantic getaway. Owners Carol and Jay MacDonald will answer all of your questions and recommend sights around town, including the Saturday farmers market.
- Also in Charlottetown is the Heritage Harbour House Inn, which has spotless, cozy rooms and common areas, as well as a lush garden. The sun room and patio provide spaces to kick back and relax together. Walk a short distance to the Historic Charlottetown Waterfront and stroll through the shops in this idyllic town. Grab a casual bite at Lobster on the Wharf before taking an evening stroll and popping the question when the moment is right.
- Guests who stay at the Firedance Country Inn Bed and Breakfast in Cornwall rave about its quiet charm, homey amenities, and fresh breakfasts. The large country home near the West River has gorgeous views and a guest lounge with a fireplace and open deck. Go swimming in the river and have a picnic on the sandy beach. Sunset is a wonderful time to surprise your love with matching wedding rings!
Explore more weekend accommodations offered on Prince Edward Island here.
2. An Outdoor Proposal
- If you’re interested in the gorgeous Points East Coastal Drive, the best time to visit is mid-May, during the Tulip Trail & Festival. You’ll not only experience the beautiful ocean views and breathtaking landscapes that are memorable year-round, but you’ll also see the 10,000 tulips the bloom in the area. Stop to sight-see at the beaches, lighthouses, and gardens that you’ll find along the way. There are plenty of romantic places to present your sweetheart a sparkling solitaire engagement ring.
- Is your partner a fan of the Anne of Green Gables books by L.M. Montgomery? If so, a proposal idea to have an Anne of Green Gables Tour will be unforgettable. Green Gables Heritage Place is the inspiration for the books, with a preserved gabled house, classic gardens, and walking trails that include Lovers Lane and the Haunted Wood from the series. In Avonlea Village, you’ll see what life was like for Anne, with activities like wagon rides and oyster shucking. All of this takes place against a stunning landscape. It’s a perfect setting for a true romantic.
- A Prince Edward Island Boat Tour is a lovely way to experience your surroundings. On a lobster dinner cruise, enjoy the fresh local seafood while you admire the Cavendish sand dunes and the waterways of the Stanley River and New London Bay. You’ll even see a lobster hauling demonstration and learn about the ecosystem of the area. For nature lovers, this experience is a must!
Explore more things to do on Prince Edward Island here.
Once you decide where to propose, pick out an affordable diamond engagement ring at My Trio Rings.
Image credit: Kid Cowboy