Spring Wedding Ideas: Favors, Food & Cakes
Spring is in the air! (And if winter is still clinging on where you live, we hope it reaches you soon.) Spring is a beautiful time of year to say, “I do,” and start your life as a married couple. Here are a few fresh spring wedding ideas to help you bring out the flavors and favors you love (without breaking the bank).
- Give guests a memento that will last long after the ceremony. Buy small packets of seeds for your favorite flowers, herbs or vegetables and give them as favors, or get crafty with this easy DIY seed matchbook project.
- If you have a favorite local specialty in the place you’re getting married, such as apricot jam, acacia honey or Texas hot sauce, find small, attractive jars or bottles to give to guests.
You’re in luck! Spring has an abundance of seasonal produce that you can incorporate into the menu of your budget wedding reception. These spring wedding ideas are sure to be crowd-pleasers:
- Asparagus: Crispy asparagus and cheese wrapped in puff pastry for an appetizer or roasted asparagus with browned butter as a side dish
- Apricots: Fresh apricot, walnut and goat cheese tarts for an appetizer
- Arugula and strawberries: Side salad with arugula, strawberries and almonds
Get colorful and flavorful with your wedding cake!
- Incorporate in-season fruit into the filling or decorations, or adorn the top of the cake with bright, fresh flowers.
- If you’re not really a cake person, explore other dessert options, such as cupcakes, fruit tarts, ice cream sundaes or easter egg candies.
What budget wedding ideas do you recommend for a spring wedding? Share your ideas in the comments!