How to Save Up for Affordable Wedding Rings
You are ready to propose marriage to your girlfriend, so now is the time to shop for and buy an inexpensive diamond engagement ring. But even
affordable wedding rings seem may seem out of your league without a plan. What is the solution? Follow these easy budget tips to get you saving up for that conflict-free diamond ring – fast.
1. Month 1 – Instead of taking your girlfriend out to dinner at the new seafood bistro downtown on Friday night, look up a couple of easy recipes online to create an inexpensive, romantic meal at home. Put aside the money you would have spent on appetizers, entrees, drinks, and dessert in an envelope – that’s $50 toward affordable wedding rings!
2. Month 2 – Your boss asks you to pick up extra hours one Saturday to help him out. Encourage your girlfriend to have a chick-flick marathon with her friends and work those extra hours. Add that $100 to your envelope to save for a conflict-free diamond ring.
3. Month 3 – Ask your girlfriend to join you for dinner and a movie – at home. Pick up a pizza and a movie, and slop the saved movie theater ticket – drink – and popcorn money into your envelope (or savings account). You are $25 closer to purchasing affordable wedding rings.
4. Month 4 – Think about small ways to economize your budget. Downgrade your cell phone plan, wash and iron your own clothes this month instead of taking them to the dry cleaners, put your gym membership on hold for a month and jog around the neighborhood instead. Just a few economical measures could save you $75 or more.
5. Month 5 – You get your tax refund check in the mail – $250 in the bank! Combine that refund check with the $250 you already have saved, and you are ready to purchase not only a conflict-free diamond ring, but an entire trio wedding ring set – with just five months of saving! You will even have a little extra money to spend on taking her out to dinner to celebrate.
What are your tips for saving money?
Photo credit: 401K