Ready to Propose? 5 Ways to Pop the Question This Fall
Are you ready to propose? Indiana National Guardsman Jesse Fordyce was very ready recently. The Iraq war veteran held up a giant hand-painted sign at the airport with the help of family and friends to propose to his girlfriend Kelly, who also serves in the military. As Kelly descended the escalator to baggage claim, she was surprised to see the giant sign and her boyfriend on one knee with an engagement ring nestled in a grey box.
5 Creative Fall Proposal Ideas
1. Get your fall on at the pumpkin patch. Jump on the hayride, sip some cider, and pick the perfect pumpkins with your future bride. Make plans to carve the pumpkins on a later date, and hide the affordable engagement ring set inside of a scooped-out pumpkin.
2. Take a hike together to enjoy the fall colors. When the moment is right, simply get down on one knee in the middle of the path with the ring box in your hand, and think of a creative way to tell your bride-to-be that you have fallen for her and are ready to propose.
3. Give thanks for your love at Thanksgiving. Nestle an engagement ring in the middle of the apple pie (plan well, so no one swallows it!), or slip a ring onto her finger during the Thanksgiving grace when everyone is holding hands around the table.
4. Dress up as a vampire for Halloween. Instead of using your best fake Transylvanian accent to say, “I vant to suck your blood,” find the perfect moment to cry out, “I vant to marry you!”
5. Invite your future wife over for an old-fashioned leaf-raking party. Challenge her to see who can rake the biggest pile of fallen leaves, and then reclaim your youth by jumping into the piles. When you are both lying in leaves and laughing, pull the affordable engagement ring set out of your pocket.
Photo Credit: Flickr (Mark Guim) markarus