10 Green Wedding Registry Must-Haves
As you register for wedding gifts to complement your green wedding, choose items that are environmentally sustainable and will last you and your spouse a long time. It can be difficult to find wedding registries through websites that specialize in eco-friendly products, so consider creating a registry at MyRegistry.com, a universal gift registry site that allows you to pick and choose your favorite gifts from different sites and compile them into one easy online registry. Opt for products made from environmentally friendly materials, and pick energy-efficient appliances. As you and your partner choose special items with which to start your life together, be sure to choose gifts from different price ranges to accommodate your guests’ different budgets.
Here are some must-have green wedding gifts:
1. Organic cotton flannel sheets from Gaiam.com, a website that offers a wide range of quality green home products from comfy chairs to water-saving shower heads.
2. Customized recycled glass tree plate from UncommonGoods.com. Hang it on the wall, display it on your dining room table, or use it as a special place to store your conflict-free diamond rings on your dresser at night.
3. A set of bamboo cutting boards from 3rLiving.com. Bamboo is a renewable material that is both durable and anti-microbial.
4. Designer reusable shopping bags from Envirosax.com to give grocery shopping with your new spouse a green twist.
5. Washable cloth napkins from TenThousandVillages.com and GIANNAFairTrade.com, eco-friendly retailers that carry handmade items from underprivileged artisans around the world. All of GIANNA’s products are fair trade.
6. Organic cotton bath towels from PotteryBarn.com for both the master bathroom and your guest bathroom.
7. Recycled metal serving set from TheHungerSite.com, a website that sells fair trade and eco-friendly green wedding gifts from around the world.
8. Recycled glass tumblers from GreenWithGlamour.com to serve your family and your guests with style you can feel good about.
9. Long-lasting bamboo cooking spoons from GreenFeet.com. Bamboo cooking spoons are more eco-friendly than wooden or plastic spoons, and they last just as long.
Photo Credit: Melissa