Not all proposals are extravagant affairs. Not everyone has elaborate creative proposal ideas. Sometimes you just know after your first date at the miniature golf place that you are going to get married. Sometimes you just agree in the store when you are picking out a telephone together that you want to spend the rest of your lives together. Sometimes it is just as simple as, “Should we?” “Of course!”
A proposal does not have to be dazzling to be romantic or heartfelt. It doesn’t have to be made by a man to be valid. And you don’t even have to wait until the next leap year to propose. Ladies, if you are ready to pop the question to your boyfriend, here are some ideas to get you started.
Creative Proposal Ideas
1. Arrange in advance to make an announcement over the loudspeaker at the big game, or get your special question posted on the scoreboard during halftime.
2. Prepare a hearty meal of his favorite foods and a bottle of champagne. Propose picking out a diamond cluster ring set together for dessert.
3. Go fishing together, and carefully tie a men’s wedding band to his favorite fishing lure. Just make sure that he sees the ring before he casts off into the water!
4. Write him a message in the wet sand on a romantic weekend getaway to the beach.
5. Wrap a diamond cluster ring set in a smaller box, then package it up in progressively larger boxes. Give him the giant box as a gift for his birthday or another gift-giving event.
Ladies, share your creative proposal ideas in the comments!
Pick out a diamond cluster ring set together today!
Photo credit: timparkinson
About the author
chicken farmer in Jackson, Mississippi. She has bachelor's and master's degrees in English.
She planned her own budget outdoor wedding five years ago at a state park in Florida, on the
waterfront of a natural spring. She wishes that she had known more about budget weddings back
when she was planning hers, because she comes up with new ideas all the time that she wishes
she had incorporated into her own wedding plans! In addition to saving money, Kelly's passions
are reading, writing, parenting, planning, traveling, and living an environmentally friendly life.