My Trio Rings Blog provides useful information about how to experience the timeless traditions of marriage on an affordable budget
How to Use Our Wedding Rings Layaway for a Holiday Proposal
Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s Eve are just around the corner, so if you are getting ready for a romantic holiday proposal, you are probably starting to get butterflies in your stomach. That nervous excitement will build as you begin to plan what you will say, where you will pop the question and how you will celebrate.
One thing you don’t want to feel nervous about when you propose is your finances. You should never have to worry how you’re going to pay for the perfect engagement and wedding rings, nor should you rack up any credit card debt in the process. Financial stress is no way to start a marriage!
At My Trio Rings, we know how important it is to buy rings you both love and to make sure that purchase is well within your long-term budget. Because our shop is all online and we don’t have the high overhead of a traditional jewelry store, we are able to offer finely crafted, authenticity-certified diamond engagement and wedding rings at very affordable prices. But in addition to that, we have a no-fee wedding rings layaway plan that takes the stress out of the ring shopping experience.
Here’s how you can use it for your holiday proposal:
- Browse our extensive selection, and choose the rings that are right for you - from trio ring sets and wedding band sets to engagement rings and ladies’ wedding bands. Add the rings to your shopping cart.
- If you want to calculate your wedding rings layaway plan options before you check out, use our handy calculator to see how you can break the amount into smaller payments over time. You can choose weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payments, starting on any date you specify, and your credit or debit card will receive a charge on that schedule automatically. Once all the payments are made, we will ship your rings. Use this calculator to see which payment schedule will work for your budget and your holiday proposal plan. We also offer free ground shipping in 3-5 business days, plus affordable two-day and overnight options, so you will get your rings quickly.
- When you’re ready to order, follow the checkout and registration instructions.
- Select “Layaway Plan” from payment options.
- Place your order, and you’re all set!
Have any questions about the wedding rings layaway plan that’s right for you? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
Creative Ideas for Proposing at Comic-Con
If you and your significant other are comic, fantasy or science fiction fans, going to Comic-Con is probably on your bucket list.
Since Comic-Con started in San Diego in 1970, it has offered a creative outlet for comic book, movie and sci-fi enthusiasts. Over the years, Comic-Con has grown to be a huge four-day event that features exclusive panels, seminars, screenings and exhibitions from a wide range of genres.
Are you getting ready to propose - spending a lot of time browsing engagement rings and wedding rings for her and thinking of the perfect way to pop the question? As you start to look toward the new year and plan a personal and meaningful proposal, think outside the box. If the two of you love comics, sci-fi or pop culture and would be in your element dressed up as your favorite characters, why not consider proposing at Comic-Con? Comic-Con 2015 isn’t until next July, so you would have plenty of time to plan, and pre-registration just opened this month.
For inspiration, watch this video of a Dr. Who fan who spent two months building a life-size replica of the T.A.R.D.I.S. to propose to his girlfriend. He wrote, "Will you marry me?" on the top panel of the police box (and she said, “Yes!”).
Here are a few costume ideas if you are thinking about proposing at Comic-Con:
Batman and Catwoman
Create a bat signal (some DIY ideas here) in advance, and reach out to event organizers to find a time when you could take advantage of a darkened room to put it to use (for example, before one of the smaller screenings you attend). Enlist the help of friends to turn on the signal when the two of you are together. Move her toward the beam of the light, and get down on one knee when you reach it.
Han Solo and Princess Leia
This is one of sci-fi’s quintessential love stories, and she won’t be able to resist such a dashing rebel. Build a replica of the Death Star out of papier-mâché or something similar, and hide the engagement ring in a box at the very center of the layers. Recruit a group of friends to dress up like the other main characters from Return of the Jedi - Luke, Chewbacca, Ewoks, Lando, etc. - and stage a scene where you destroy the Death Star, making sure that Princess Leia is the one to uncover the ring box.
Superman and Wonder Woman
When proposing at Comic-Con, it’s all about the grand gestures and elaborate scenarios. Take a page from the Dr. Who fan and create an elaborate life-size replica of Superman’s phone booth. Go in as Clark Kent, and come out as Superman… with a diamond engagement ring for his Wonder Woman.
Have you ever thought about proposing at Comic-Con? How would you do it?
3 New Year’s Eve Proposal Ideas
Magic is in the air on New Year’s Eve, whether you are celebrating with a swanky big-city bash or a mellow night at home. If you’ve been trying to find the perfect occasion for your romantic proposal, this might be the one. After all, what could be more romantic than starting the new year off with a promise to be together for all the years to come?
Here are a few New Year’s Eve proposal ideas that will make it easy for you to ask the big question. Then you can relax and get down to the fun of planning where to exchange vows and which affordable wedding bands to choose!
New Year’s Eve Proposal Ideas
1. Make your resolutions
Tell her that you’d like to make New Year’s resolutions and share them with each other on New Year’s Eve. Find a quiet and romantic place - whether that’s on a winter walk around your neighborhood or over dinner in your favorite restaurant - and let her share her resolutions first. Read your list, making each one about her and how you’ll be there for her, love her, support her, make her laugh. Let this list reflect your personality and your relationship, and include inside jokes and references to shared experiences. Make the last item on your resolution list, “Spend the rest of my life with…” and propose.
2. When the clock strikes 12
Plan something festive for New Year’s Eve where everyone will be counting down till midnight. A few minutes before the ball drops, find somewhere away from the crowd where you can have a bit of privacy. Tell her how much you love her and want to spend the next year and all your years with her. When the 10-second countdown begins, get down on one knee and tell her the biggest reasons she is the one for you. Ask her to marry you and celebrate with your first kiss of the new year.
3. With a surprise
Tell her you’d like to take it easy and skip the big parties this New Year’s Eve - just a romantic night for the two of you. Do something the two of you love doing together that evening - eating at a favorite restaurant, cooking dinner at home, walking around an area all lit up for the holidays, seeing a movie. Find the right moment and ask her to marry you. Make up an excuse to leave where you are and head to another location… where you’ve staged a surprise engagement party with your friends and family. (This is definitely a plan to go for only if you have discussed marriage at length and you know she will say “yes”!)
What New Year’s proposal ideas would you add to the list?
Ready to take the next step? Choose from My Trio Rings’ beautiful and affordable wedding bands!
Best Places to Propose in Birmingham, AL
Have you been thinking about your romantic proposal for some time, plotting the perfect spot and secretly browsing engagement rings and wedding ring sets?
Consider Birmingham, Alabama for your location! It is a relaxed and vibrant Southern city, offering a hearty helping of fantastic music, culture, cuisine and green space. It has a temperate climate year round - with an average low of 51 degrees, it is a great city to put on your list if you are looking for places to propose this winter.
Enjoy Live Music
Birmingham has a thriving music scene with a little something for everyone. Start your evening with a live show. If you think a public proposal would make your sweetheart swoon, try asking the venue if you can pop the question on stage. If you think a more private moment is better, wait until after the show and go on a walk or drive to a place to look out over the city at night (Red Mountain Park - more about that below - is a local favorite).
Venues to check out:
- Moonlight on the Mountain: This intimate venue features acoustic performances from artists in a variety of genres - bluegrass, country, folk, rock. It doesn’t serve food or drinks, so you can pack a picnic of your favorite foods and a bottle of wine to enjoy during the show. It’s cash only at the door (no advance tickets), so get there early and stake out a seat.
- Iron City Grill: Iron City is a hip music venue, restaurant and bar. Eat a delicious meal made with organic and local ingredients, savor a local craft beer and then see a show from performers such as O.A.R., Neko Case, North Mississippi Allstars or John Butler Trio.
- Bottletree Cafe: Bottletree Cafe is a fun and funky venue that showcases indie bands, comedians and local musicians and has a great menu (including a killer brunch).
- One of the most thrilling places to propose in Birmingham is the Red Ore Zip Tour at Red Mountain Park. Ask her to marry you at the top of a treehouse high above the woods, then celebrate by soaring through the air on a zipline.
- Spend the day at Railroad Park, a 19-acre sprawling green space in the heart of downtown Birmingham. Pack a picnic and propose on a walk along one of the trails, or check out one of the seasonal special events, such as Sunset Cinema in the fall, the Happy Holidays tree-lighting ceremony and carnival or the Relax by the Tracks concert series in the spring.
- Head to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens in Mountain Brook Village, and find a quiet spot to propose in one of the dozens of gardens.
What would you add to this list of best places to propose in Birmingham? Leave a comment!
Start planning your big day and browse our beautiful wedding ring sets
3 Wedding Planning Apps & Websites to Make Life Easier, Part I
New tech tools have greatly simplified the wedding planning process. Now, instead of having to make a thousand phone calls or drive all over town to track down information, you are able to access much of what you need at the touch of a mouse or the tap of a screen.
There are new wedding planning apps and websites coming out all the time, but here are a few of our favorites that will save you time and hassle (so you can focus on the fun decisions - like which wedding trio ring set is “the one”).
Helpful Wedding Apps & Websites
1. Wedding Spot (free)
Trying to figure out which wedding venue is right for you? Wedding Spot, a website that launched in 2013, works directly with vendors to gather all the important information you need to be able to search by location, budget, style and guest count. You can select different options to get a price estimate and book an appointment to tour the venue. Wedding Spot isn’t yet available in all 50 states, but it is scaling up to that goal quickly and has already helped close to 200,000 users with wedding planning.
2. WeddingWire (free)
WeddingWire is your one-stop shopping for wedding planning apps, with its suite of four options:
- The WeddingWire app lets you manage your checklist, budget, guest list and RSVPs, as well as participate in community forums.
- The WedStyle app lets you browse inspiration photos and helps you make tough decisions about your wedding style and attire. Can’t decide which wedding trio ring set to choose? Upload a photo and get immediate feedback from the community.
- The WedTeam app allows you to search, save and compare reviewed wedding vendors by location and preferences.
- The WedSocial app makes it simple to share event details with guests and collect all guests’ photos from your wedding day in one place.
3. TopTablePlanner (free trial; plans start at $20)
Creating the seating arrangement chart for your wedding reception can be a huge headache if you’re relying on the old paper and pen method or even a detailed spreadsheet. TopTablePlanner makes it easy and intuitive to add guests as they RSVP (by importing them from Word or Excel or typing them in) and dragging and dropping names onto a customizable table diagram. Your best friend just decided to bring a different plus one? Your divorced parents can’t be within 10 feet of each other? No problem; it’s easy to rearrange as many times as necessary. Log in and make changes from your smartphone, tablet or computer, and print out a PDF overview for your venue, as well as place cards for the tables.
What wedding planning apps or websites do you swear by? Leave a comment!
Find your perfect wedding trio ring set