My Trio Rings Blog provides useful information about how to experience the timeless traditions of marriage on an affordable budget
Shoping in-store for Budget Wedding Rings this Thanksgiving
It’s that time of year again, Food, Family, Football and Black Friday Frenzy! If you’re planning on seeking out the best deal this Thanksgiving weekend, there’s a few things you should keep in in mind to make sure you get the best deal. A four generations of expertise in this industry we’ve had the privilege of selling to brand name retail stores before going direct to customers. We’ve got a few pointers that will help you get a steal of a deal this holiday!
Things to keep in mind:
- Retailers will often advertise 50% or more in discounts, keep in mind that these discounts are based off very high markups. Use this knowledge to negotiate to a fair price!
- Make sure you seek out matching sets! Buying individual rings is dangerous when the rings are not an exact match and often end up costing you more than if you buy in a set.
- Compare apples to apples! Make sure the Color and Clarity are the same when comparing the price you’re paying! One way to calculate the value is to divide the Price by the Carat weight to see what you’re paying per carat! (Remember to make sure the Color and Clarity are the same!)
- Make sure the store offers a detailed returns and warranty policy. (Beware that some warranty programs disqualify you if you don’t bring your ring into the store every 6 months)
- Authenticity: make sure you’re receiving authentic jewelry by asking for a certificate with your purchase that backs up the advertised listing.
- How experienced is your salesperson? Where, or who were they trained by? Before making such an important purchase, you should get to know them to make sure they’ve got the right credentials to advise you on such a major purchasing decision.
We hope these few tips help you navigate the long crazy lines this weekend and in case you can’t choose between two rings, feel free to email or give us a call! Our no-hassle, non-commission representatives are happy to answer any general jewelry questions you may have, even if it’s for rings from another store! Stay safe this holiday while shopping for your dream bridal rings! In case you’re looking for the best online deals (or to compare with what you see in store), you can see our unbeatable deals on matching diamond rings on our Thanksgiving page!
Why Buy a Trio Ring Set?
Why Buy a Trio Ring Set?
|<img src=http://www.mytriorings.com/images/stories/infographic_mytriorings_jan_lrg.jpg/> <br><a href=http://www.mytriorings.com/Wedding-Engagement-Blog/Why-Buy-a-Trio-Ring-Set.html title="Choosing a Trio Ring Set" width="550"> Benefits of Buying a Ring Set</a>|
The Perfect Wedding Ring and Engagement Ring
The Perfect Wedding Ring and Engagement Ring
|<img src=http://www.mytriorings.com/images/stories/the-perfect-wedding-ring-and-engagement-ring.lrg.jpg /> <br><a href=http://www.mytriorings.com/Wedding-Engagement-Blog/the-perfect-wedding-ring-and-engagement-ring.html title="How to Pick the Perfect Wedding and Engagement Ring" width="550"> How to Pick the Perfect Wedding and Engagement Ring</a>|
Why you (yea you!) should propose this Christmas!
Christmas is statistically the most frequent time for proposals. Why not? Unless you’re grinching it this year, there’ll be lots of family, friends, food, and love to go around! Proposing during Christmas also gives you a great six month head start on planning for a summer wedding. We’ve written about 4 major reasons to propose at Christmas in the past, see if any those make the case for you to pop the question this Christmas. At the very least, your girlfriend will love you for it!
Luckily My Trio Rings has your back, not just for diamond rings but the How to and Where to propose during Christmas as well! Check out these four steps and she’ll be screaming “YES, YES, YES” before you know it!
Step one: How you’ll propose
Here’s a list of five of our favorite ways to propose during Christmas
- Hide a diamond cluster engagement ring in the toe of her Christmas stocking
- Bury the ring box under a pile of packing peanuts in a giant wrapped gift box
- Tie a trio ring set with a ribbon and hand it to her like a Christmas ornament to hang on the Christmas tree
- Arrange for the Santa Claus at the mall to give your girlfriend a ring box when she tells him what she wants for Christmas
- Create a Christmas scavenger hunt that ends with a proposal spelled out in Christmas lights
Step two: Where you’ll propose?
My Trio Rings has spent the entire year writing about the best places to propose in every major city in the United States! Browse through these posts for your city or check out this list of best places to propose in any city!
- A high-end restaurant. Obama did it and we all know he's a baller!
- Lakeside, Riverside, or Oceanside, next to the water makes all girls weak at the knees
- Local landmark. Incorporate it into your proposal to make it more memorable
Step three: Don’t forget the ring!
If you’re looking for designer rings to please your lady, many brand name retailers will be running Christmas and Year end deals. Bottom line is that if you go into a physical store, negotiate as much as you can! These jewelry stores mark up the prices of their diamond rings sometimes over 3x their cost! In case you’re not up for spending twice your monthly salary on a diamond ring, My Trio Rings has you covered! Using a “Factory Direct” model, we’ve combined four generations of diamond and jewelry expertise with eCommerce to offer authentic solitaire diamond rings and cluster diamond ring sets at prices that are up to 65% off retail! Use our advanced filter in any ring category to the right to narrow your results down by price, gold color, carat weight, etc. If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers, call us at 855-MY-RINGS or hit up our live chat agent below. (We’re probably not here if it’s late night… give us a break!)
Step Four: Keep the secret!
If you want to keep this a complete surprise, check out How to keep your proposal a secret. Otherwise get your family and friends involved, it makes for the best and most memorable kinds of proposals! If you know someone who should be proposing this Christmas? Pass on this article as a friendly hint!
Let us know in the comments if you plan to propose and if you have any cool ideas!
My Trio Rings CEO weighs in on "Show rooming" on CBS and FOX News!
Major retailers across the country including Best Buy and Target stores have recently denounced a long standing practice among price conscious consumers who visit physical retail stores to preview a product and purchase at home from other online retailers. But should consumers who are looking for the best deal really be to blame? Should companies like Best Buy and Target focus on innovating further to offer additional services and unique products? Our CEO Vipul Lakhi was called upon to share how we’ve helped customers find the lowest price, often after they’ve already visited a local jewelry store franchise.
(Source: CBS Philadelphia - Showroom Showdown, See below for additional broadcasts across the country)
While show rooming is typically associated with physical stores, it is quite common for online retailers as well. At My Trio Rings, we must maintain a digital showroom that enhances the buying experience and better educates customers while differentiating from online competitors in the same industry. We’ve served thousands of customers by focusing on educating our customers, and providing shopping benefits like 30 day returns, free shipping, no fee layaway, online promotions, and even free ring sizers by mail. Online retailers face the same show rooming practices as brick and mortar retailers.
In the jewelry industry, high-end retailers have placed dizzying markups on diamond and gold jewelry, often creating a barrier for everyday Americans' to experience the traditions of marriage with authentic jewelry. Companies who innovate on their business models will be the only ones who can continue to operate. Our prices are 65% lower than in store retailers because we’ve focused on innovating in every aspect of the business model, from procurement and manufacturing to eCommerce and efficient inventory management. What will remain constant in the world of retail is that whether a customer is in a physical or digital showroom, they will always buy from the retailer offering the lowest price for the best quality and service. This has been a consumer practice since commerce and trade originated and it will continue to impact how physical and online retailers market in today’s mobile internet age.
See below for additional broadcasts of Vipul's interview below!
(Source: ABC LA)
(Source: WPRI Providence)