If you're thinking of popping the question this Valentine's Day, you better get crackin'! You have less than a month left to order a gorgeous diamond cluster ring and plan your big ask. It's not necessary to get extravagant -- the important thing is to show your sweetheart that you've put a lot of thought into a romantic Valentine's Day proposal. Our advice is to read through a variety of suggestions and then make them your own. Here are five creative proposal ideas to get those wheels turning.
1. Attach the ring to your set of keys and hide them somewhere that's easy to find. Say to your loved one, "I can't find my keys. Could you help me look for them?" If you happen to lose your keys on a regular basis, she might roll her eyes a little, which will make the surprise all the better.
2. Cook her favorite meal and serve it by candlelight. Chill champagne and pour it out of her sight. Before you bring your love her glass, tie the diamond cluster ring around the stem. When she realizes what's sparkling in addition to the bubbly, get down on one knee and ask for her hand.
3. If your lady goes through the mail every day, hide an envelope in the stack of bills and junk mail. A handwritten envelope will catch her attention, and imagine her surprise when she pulls out a card that asks her to marry you.
4. Buy several bags of her favorite candy -- wrapped works best! -- and spell out "Will you marry me?" on the dining room table. Flowers, candles, and soft music will add ambience. Lead her in with her eyes closed, and when she opens them, be kneeling in front of her and holding up the ring.
5. At the spot where you first met, or a place that you often spend time together, hide a card that shares how you feel about her. Keep it short and sweet, or you'll be standing there awkwardly while she reads your missive! Take a walk hand-in hand, point to the envelope you've hidden, and say, "What's that? Looks like it has your name on it."
Photo credit: soloyra
About the author
You have discovered your girlfriend’s ring size. You have shopped around for affordable engagement ring sets. You have picked out the perfect diamond ...
This post is part of the "My Trio Rings Precious Places" series.If you're looking for proposal ideas, take a look at the list recently released by Mas...
This post is part of the My Trio Rings Precious Places series, which uses Mashable's Top 10 Cities for Getting Engaged list for inspiration. If ...
This post is part of the My Trio Rings Precious Places series, which uses Mashable's Top 10 Cities for Getting Engaged list for inspiration. W...
This post is part of the My Trio Rings Precious Places series, which uses Mashable's Top 10 Cities for Getting Engaged list for i...